Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Papa and the little fish




I am so thankful this week because my dad is visiting from Oklahoma. Chad left on Tuesday and will be gone until Sunday. My dad got here on Saturday and is staying until Saturday. We have kept him very busy. Yesterday we went to the pool, and he did most of the entertaining. I do not know who had more fun though. My Dad loves the water almost as much as my kids. Parker really is a little fish. He is only 3 1/2 and jumps off the diving board and swims all over the place. Next year when he is a little taller and can touch off the steps, my life will be easy when watching him. Sarah Foster loves to jump in off the side and with a little push will swim under water to the steps kicking as she goes. When she jumps off it is so funny because we count 1, 2, 3, but she just says over and over 2, 2 and then jumps. She is going to follow right in her brothers foot steps. She will be little fish number 2!!!
Sarah Foster has been pretty much attached to his hip since he got here. It might be because he gives her what ever she wants. Oh the joys of grandparent hood!! My dad has laughed several times at how I am paying for my raising. I am so glad someone can see humor in it because all I see is fatigue. Anyway, we are glad Papa is here to play with and spoil grand kids as well as helping me out a ton!!!

1 comment:

papa said...

I had the best time with the little fish! Nothing is better than spending time with grandchildren!!!! Also,with my daughter and son-in-law, can't forget them.