Friday, October 10, 2008

Baby #3...Not on my schedule

It has been a while since my last post. I have been really busy getting ready for baby #3! After a doctor's appt on Thursday Oct. 2nd I was going to be induced the next morning. I had my speech prepared for Dr. Young and grandparents on stand by. Dr. Young said he would go ahead and induce me even though I was still only 1cm and pretty thick, one day from being 39 weeks! My day was packed full with final preparations. Around 4:00pm, I started having small contractions. I called Chad and asked him to come home early. He did and while he was bathing the kids at 7:00pm I told him I was not going to make it to the morning. Marty, our sister-n-law, came over to stay with the kids. SF was having diarrhea, Chad was gagging, and I was trying to do my labor breathing. Marty had to clean up diarrhea and give SF another bath while we were trying to get out the door. So, Marty thank you very much for your help. This was not the last time Chad would be gagging tonight!! Being a planner, this was really not working on my schedule. Dr. Young was on call Friday, the CRNA I wanted to use was working Friday, and one of the nurses I wanted was working on Friday. I had everything planned, so I thought. I think this is God's way of saying no matter how much you plan it is on my time!!


Me with the kids right before we go to the hospital. They are excited to might their new brother or sister. Really not feeling good at this point.


Finally admitted with an epidural. YEAH!! Then waiting and waiting and waiting some more!!! Someone sure acted in a hurry to get here then slowed down!!

We get to the hospital and I am 3cm and really hurting. Chad is texting a million people who think I am having the baby the next day. The nurse said I had to be making "progress" to be admitted. I guess when I was sweating profusely and throwing up that was finally enough for her to call the Dr. on call and ADMIT me!!! I was not being very nice at this point. After finally being admitted, I get my epidural which was working great. I was up to 6cm and we thought baby would be here soon. This is around 10:30pm. I am at 8-9cm by midnight. Four sweet friends are in the lobby with Chad's parents anxiously awaiting.


Aletha and Jamie with me in this picture. Susan and Leigh Ann were in the lobby. They were so sweet to come and wait and wait and wait!!!


I start getting nauseated, get sick, then epidural in my stomach would wear off. This happens three times over the next several hours. My dad calls and says he is in the parking lot. We were very surprised because he was supposed to be spending the night in Conway AR. We had told him and my mom not to drive all the way because we thought we would have a baby by midnight or shortly there after. My sweet friends after painting my toe nails(thank you Leigh Ann), visiting with our family, and raiding the snack basket thought they should get some sleep. OH and this was at 4:00AM!!! Baby number three was sure in a hurry and then slowed down. After our friends left, 10 min later we were at 10cm and ready to push. I push once and they tell me to wait because Dr. Young had not made it. I told them he/she was coming anyway. Dr. Jack came in they threw a mask and gown on him and by 4:20am we had a precious baby boy!!! For those of you who do not find out if you are having a boy or a girl, there is nothing like that feeling and anticipation of finding out on delivery. It makes the 40 weeks of waiting so worth it. Dr. Young walks in about 3 min later. He delivered our other two children and I hate that he missed it, but Dr. Jack took great care of us and I am thankful he was the one on call. Walker Evans Brown weighed 8lbs 8oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. People actually say he looks like me. Finally one out of three might look like me. Whew...that all makes me tired reading it again.

Chad and me with baby Walker around 4:45 am!! He has the prettiest coloring, we hope it stays. When he was born they said he was long and heavy. I guess at 8lbs and 8 ozs they were right.

Our family comes in to meet baby Walker and we finally get to a room at 6:00am. Chad and I are exhausted but still full of adrenaline. We sleep for maybe 45 min!! Then it is time for rounds and all of that fun stuff. We also asked to be moved to a room further away from the nurses station. They were having too much fun for us at 6:30am. We had great nurses during our stay and I am very thankful for each of them.

My mom got to the hospital around 11:00am. My dad and Chad's parents brought Parker and Sarah Foster around noon to meet their new baby brother. They were so good and so sweet with him. We were pleasantly surprised. They each got a gift from baby Walker, so that made their day. SF got a doll which was good, so she did not want to hold Walker. Parker got puzzles and has played with them everyday.

Our family Chad, Mika, Parker 3 1/2, Sarah Foster 21 months and Walker 9 hours old!!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Congratulations Mika! I hope you are getting a little rest! Ha!

About Blair Curtis.... said...

Mika!! Congrats! It was so worth not finding out what we were having! Thanks for the inspiration! The chicken salad was wonderful! I will have to return the favor! Hope you are well! We are praying for ya'll!

Jessi Prestage said...

Congrats on your new baby boy!!! We are so happy for you! Seeing your beautiful family only makes me want to have more kids!!!

smiles1007 said...

Chad and Mika!! Congrats on your new baby boy! He looks like a cute. Glad that you are doing so very well.