Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finally The Big One!!

Chad killed the biggest deer of his hunting career yesterday. He and Parker were so excited. Chad was even more excited that his whole family was there. Walker, SF and I drove to the camp yesterday afternoon. While I was unloading the car, I heard a gun shot. I said "Lord please let that be Chad killing a huge buck!". About 30 min later, he and Parker pull up on the 4 wheeler, both of then grinning from ear to ear. All 5 of us hop on the 4 wheeler to go see it because it was too big for Chad to lift by himself. I think I can do anything, so I say ok I will help you. We get over to the buck, have Parker hold Walker and I get on the front of the 4 wheeler. With all my might, I can not hold or pull the buck anywhere. Not to mention I am gagging and not believing that I am touching, even with gloves, a dead deer!!! I love to eat deer meat, but I do not want to be a part of or see the process of getting it to the freezer. So, this city girl has come a long way. As we were leaving the camp this morning, I look down there is deer blood on my coat!!! YUCK

The happy hunter and his very heavy buck. He had to go back and use 2 ropes and 2 different tree limbs to hoist the deer onto the 4 wheeler.


Still smiling the next morning

I do not know who was more excited the Daddy or the Son!! Parker said killing this buck was the best part of the whole weekend. My baby is growing up.

Parker, Walker, Chad and Sarah Foster

1 comment:

The Mims Family said...

Congrats, Chad! That's the biggest smile I've ever seen! :)