Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Boys Hunting/Camping Weekend

The Littlest Hunter with the Deer. I do not think he could look any cuter in those coveralls.

I am a little behind on posting this, but a couple of weeks ago Chad took Parker on his first hunting weekend. I should have Chad document it on here for Parker, but I will do the best I can from the stories I heard. First of all, I do not know who was more excited Parker or Chad. Chad would lay awake at night, unable to sleep, planning their weekend. He bought Parker new coveralls, boots, a hat and gloves because it was only 22 degrees. He had a supply list and a grocery list. They left on a Friday afternoon with Parker jumping up and down he could not wait. We were originally going to make this a family affair, but when we found out the cabin was primitive we decided that was too cold for a six week old. Our assumptions were correct when Chad called at 8:00 Friday night and said they were headed to Freds to get a space heater and mouse traps. So, forget the cold, I would have gone to a hotel the second there was evidence of a mouse!!! Anyway, they hunted Saturday morning and my littlest hunter called to say they killed a "girl" deer. Chad showed him the blood and Parker tracked it all the way to the deer. Chad said Parker gave him a big hug and said he was so proud of him for killing a deer. This is all so foreign to me, but my boys love it!!! They stayed two nights in the cabin in sleeping bags, ate casseroles I sent with them, enjoyed the out doors and had good father son bonding. When they got home Parker went on and on about how much fun they had. Friends of ours that saw them that weekend said Parker was such a joy to see because he was so excited about everything. If you know Parker, you know he is like this all the time. He has such a sweet spirit and joy for everything in life. It does not matter how big or small!! We should all look at life as he does, and I wish I had just one percent of his energy!!

No comments: