Monday, September 1, 2008

The Hunting Begins!!!




Today is the first day of hunting season. Dove season to be exact, and usually Chad could care less about dove season. I think this is why God gave us a son!! I do not know who was more excited at 4:30am Chad or Parker. They went to some friends of ours land to hunt, thank you Chip and Debbie, ride 4-wheelers, and do whatever it is boys do "hunting." I am a city girl and do not know much about this hunting thing except that my boys love it!! Parker called me and told me he killed 5 deer. They actually shot at several doves, but did not kill any. They did not even see a deer, but I told Parker that was great and I was sooo proud of him. Chad said Parker had more fun looking for the shot gun shells after the shooting. They got to see a 2 day old calf and had the best time. As you can see from the pictures, my littlest hunter was worn out after his first hunting trip. Today will be the first of many. I am so thankful for a husband who wants to share his hobbies and passions with his son. What a great time for Chad to teach his son how to be a Godly man!!

No comments: